- Kuan Yin
- Western Mysticism
- Fair Trade
Saraswati with Vina
Sarasawati, “the flowing one”, was an ancient goddess of the Saraswati (Sarasvati) River, a river sacred to the ancient Aryans. This bronze statue of the Hindu goddess, made in India, is an especially graceful and serene image.
The goddess Saraswati (Sarasvati) embodies many qualities:
- she suggests the sacredness of rivers or of water in general
- she is said to bestow fertility and riches, for her waters enrich the land so it can produce
- like clear water, she represents purity
- Saraswati is associated with sound;as Vak she is the goddess of river-like streaming speech
- she is the goddess of learning
- she is patroness of the arts
- she is the mythological inventor of Sanskrit
- she is the consort of Brahma
This sculpture depicts Saraswati as she calmly plays her instrument, the vina.
This piece has SOLD.
Weight: 38 lb.
Country of origin:India