- Kuan Yin
- Western Mysticism
- Fair Trade
Saraswati, “the flowing one”, was an ancient goddess of the Saraswati (Sarasvati) River, a river sacred to the ancient Aryans. She embodies many qualities:
- she suggests the sacredness of rivers or of water in general
- she is said to bestow fertility and riches, for her waters enrich the land so it can produce
- like clear water, she represents purity
- Saraswati is associated with sound;as Vak she is the goddess of river-like streaming speech
- she is the goddess of learning
- she is patroness of the arts
- she is the mythological inventor of Sanskrit
- she is the consort of Brahma
This lovely Mission Studios sculpture depicts Saraswati in standing pose, calmly playing her instrument, the vina.
Weight: 0.8 oz.
Size:2.3" (5.8 cm)
Materials:Resin ivory substitute
Country of origin:U.S.